Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rainy days and Thursdays...

We're about ready to kick off another summer of Vacation Bible School. The theme this year is "Shake it Up Cafe- where kids carry out God's recipe." This summer will look a little different, as Peg will do a little less, I will do a little more, and we are both blessed and thrilled to have a wonderful and beautifully-named volunteer with us this summer (thanks, Allison 2!)

Our craft research and development team (i.e. my grandma) created samples of all the crafts. We've rehearsed the puppet show, learned the songs, cut cardboard for picture frames, tested markers, figured out how trail mix can be a teaching tool, and decorated our aprons (that's right, we're all chefs this year!) The only hard thing left to do today was remember the intricate system of packing everything back up in the van. On our way back from lunch, Peg asked me to move my car so it would be easier for her to back the van right up to the garage so we didn't have to get drenched in the rain. So, she gave me her keys so I could run in to the house and grab my car keys. I did that, backed my car clear up, and waited. And waited. And waited. And wondered why on earth she wasn't moving her van! And finally I saw her colorful umbrella peek out of the van. She came over to my car and I suddenly realized it must be hard for her to move the van when I had all her keys. Oops. Once we all got done laughing, we were able to get the van loaded up while getting only minimally rained on.

We take off bright and early on Monday for VBS #1!

1 comment:

  1. Trail mix as a teaching tool sounds interesting. :) Sounds like you will have a fun summer! :)

    ReplyDelete