Saturday, July 30, 2011

The end of summer?

July has gotten away from me, and no wonder. The rest of Pershing flew by, and we had somewhere around 40 parents for our ending program! A great end to a great week. Plus, we picked up a pastor to come counsel at JOY camp :-)

The next week was Promise City. This was a small one last year, and due to being fair week there, it was even smaller. But, I think they get the award for highest percentage of kids coming to camp- 3 out of 5 on the day they got registered. Peg graciously covered the last two days of Promise City so I could go out to Colorado and be in the wedding of my wonderful college roommate! It seems like I just got back to Iowa, but tomorrow I head off to JOY camp. We have had a few snags already (I remember our old half-painted school bus always being less than reliable, but I didn't expect it of the nice new bus! Thanks to camp for sending vans instead...) but that helps us remember, I suppose, that we are not really the ones in charge, and that God uses everything and works things out far better than we could.

1 comment: